View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #45
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
There is no information that I can find in the manual about Vesting Options. Would really like to know how they work.
I went looking for that in the manual, but likewise didn't find it. I am pretty sure there are people familiar enough with baseball contracts to explain. Perhaps posting a question in a separate thread would get the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
There is also no information about the following:

* Bonus for All-Star Selection
* Promised Role (and the consequences of not using the player in that role)
* The "Ask for Response" button

The problem may be that it is the same exact page that was used for the OOTP 11 manual. Could this please be updated to reflect 13? Thanks.
The Bonus for All-Star selection is an amount of bonus money that the player would receive only if he is selected to the all-star team.

The promised role is a promise that is being made to the player that he will be used in a certain role on the team. If the player is not played in the promised role, his performance is likely to drop. How much so is probably dependent on the player, the performance of the team and maybe some other factors.

The "Ask for Response" button is a great new feature that allows the manager to ask the player what he thinks of a potential contract offer before the contract is actually submitted. It allows for quick negotiations before an official offer is submitted. This option is not available for all contract offers. I think it might be available for contract extensions but not offers to free agents.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote