Thread: Facegen
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 08:24 AM   #79
Canuck82
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Problem is that FHM3 does not work with your graphics processor (GPU). You can see it at this line in your debug trace:

We found that this problem exists for a certain GPU: Intel HD 3000. Intel does not update the driver software anymore but it seems to be buggy which makes them incompatible with the new version of Qt (that's the platform layer which we're using for FHM):

(See qt - Deploying Qt5 on Windows without Hardware Acceleration - Stack Overflow)

On some laptops there are two graphic processors (GPU). One for gaming and one integrated GPU for desktop apps to save energy. The HD 3000 GPU is such a power saving integrated GPU. If the laptop has a 3D GPU the user should try to activate it. This will help him around the problems with our Facegen. More info here:

Forum user Hoiles:

(See http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4106557)

We also added a command line parameter. Try to start FHM3 with the command line parameter UseDesktopOpenGL. To do that on Windows, open the properties dialog for an FHM3 shortcut and add parameters to the “target” line like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 3\fhm3.exe" tracemode usedesktopopengl
Thanks for this Andreas - I do not have a higher end gaming laptop - so I think switching video cards might be out. Can I just change the command line parameter? I am a computer novice - so would you be kind enough to run me through what I would do to achieve this like you were speaking to somebody with no clue Thanks
Canuck82 is offline   Reply With Quote