View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 09:08 AM   #11
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Well, done with the league, I guess. With no backup, there's nowhere to go. That doesn't mean you have to be done with the game. Rediscover the joys of creating the new league, and what with all the new mods available, it should provide you a new experience. Surely you recall the joys of the 'old' league as it developed? The next will be even better.

I agree that there are joys to creating a new league, but this league was the last five or six years of my life. I didn't just play it, I knew every single player on every team in the league, every single prospect in my fictional league, knew all the stats leaders both current and all-time and I was building slowly toward getting the hall of fame going. I didn't simulate. I played every game for my team. Heck, I know more about my fictional league than I do about the current MLB.

Plus, I created the league back when I was in college and had lots of free time. Now, I work three jobs, am married, and have a newborn. There's no way I have time to go back and start over. I've had to stop playing all video games because of time constraints. This was the only one I had time for because it can be so quick to just log in and play a few innings here and there. It was quite literally, the only 'fun', non-responsibility thing I did in life. Since it happened, I've spent those few free minutes each day to myself simply doing more work for my job instead of relaxing.

I am super depressed.
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote