View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 11:38 AM   #24
MrFridayMorning
Minors (Rookie Ball)

As an admin in the USoB, it's an absolute shame that the first time I'm hearing these complaints is through an anonymous post on the community message board from a handle obviously made to defame the league.

Many of the points made in the above post don't even warrant response. In the 4 or 5 actual years we've been around, I can think of two GMs who left on bad terms. Each of which disagreed with the direction of the league as it relates to expansion. So as OOTP leagues go, there's actually very little drama.

From an admin standpoint, everything is out in the open. There are actually committees for different aspects of the league (rules, competitive balance, storyline, etc.) that both admins and "regular GMs" are encouraged to join. Each initiative and proposed change coming out of these committees then goes to full league vote. Admins actually make close to zero decisions in a vacuum. We're in our 11th or 12th in game season, and it's the way we've done things from the beginning. Any disagreement is welcomed with an open mind and in the open. Take a look at our shout box and trade forum from yesterday. Everything is a mature discussion.

As for the true ratings been left on, we allow GMs CP points to upgrade prospects for contributing to the league. The true ratings get turned on when assigning these points to make sure we're doing this right. Again this is done out in the open.

In the end, it's a shame that someone felt the need to create a phony handle to attack our league. A league that's been around a long time, with a different twist that takes a lot of time to manage. If the person above wants to talk about the "obvious manipulation" they can message me here or at JTK on our forums.

EDIT: We're not the league for everyone, nor do we try to be. We're a little unique, niche community. If you want a league that's going to scrutinize every trade or have GMs yell at each other in an AIM chat, more power to you. That's not us. But if you're looking for a league where you can be part of a community and be rewarded for your contributions, then give us a shout.

Last edited by MrFridayMorning; 04-04-2015 at 12:10 PM. Reason: One more point...