View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #14
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
The extra players I have from 1882-1891, when MLB had 14-17 teams, not counting the UA (which was AA quality) and PL, which was a good league but just watered down the others . . . those extra players will help me get the schedules up to 150 games a lot quicker too, since I can add a few extra pitchers to the 12 teams I have.
Dont know if this would help you but ive been working on a simple transaction file for 19th century leagues. I am testing the 1871 season and by using as played schedules I am seeing players play almost exactly the same amount of games as real life. Stats are pretty close but you have to remember those were short seasons compared to today.
Anyway I have separate databases for each historical leagues rookies. I have logos organized so it will automatically change.
I edited the database so players will debut with their team. I woud like any advice if anyone would like to try it but they would have to follow some instructions since its important to follow the transactions and use the database I made. If you just copy the master file or the teams file it wont work.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote