View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Don't hold me to this but I'm digging into my database memory...and really off the cuff so don't ask me to explain details.

For a long time we could not do pre-1901 leagues due to issues with the league structures and databases. I believe Spritze figured out how to make pre-1900 leagues work within the database, however, some concessions had to be made due to teams and leagues folding.

The game cannot delete teams in a historical league so I think, instead the original two league system remains but teams are moved within them when they cannot be removed. The teams your're seeing are basically the place holders for defunct teams. Or maybe holders for eventual teams that come in.

I think this system is why there is the mystery statement of leauges starting before 1900 need to have an inaugural draft.

The working transaction database successfully move players around these leagues and teams.

Also, maybe because those teams are never scheduled to play games the warning of them not having enough players never flashes.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote