View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 11:51 AM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Wonderful concept.. I really miss the good old days of semi-pro baseball and town baseball.

You really stirred my wonderful memories of the 40s and 50s... Sunday afternoons spent watching the local guys play ball... actually these games inspired my love of sports... in 1950 my cousin was an 18-year-old pitcher for the Monumental Park Red Sox in Florence, Alabama... I was 10 years old... I would count his strikeouts at each game... it was the beginning of a lifelong love of baseball... and it's still alive today in OOTPB, which is greatly enhanced by great graphics guys like you, low, txranger, knuckler and No Pepper... and many others, too many to name.

Memories of the semi-pro teams like the Monsanto Maulers in Tennessee, the Florence Raiders, Reynolds Ramblers and Russellville Travelers in Northwest Alabama and the Ponchatoula Athletics, Vacherie Vols and Norco Oilers in Louisiana.

I recently started a town ball league... the fictional North Island Recreational League... thanks for the great logos, jerseys and caps you did in your High School Thread... I used quite a few of them.
I'm having so much fun with a small townball league, that I will soon expand with the South Island Recreational League... low graciously did 10 of the 12 teams' graphics... the SIRL will join the NIRL on the Dynasty Forum.

Thank again for the memories... and all of your wonderful logos, jerseys and caps.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 10-17-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote