View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 04:52 AM   #209
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
There is not a large enough supply of cards. This can be seen in both the historic cards whose value has skyrocketed and in the newly introduced live cards. I'm rushing to complete a number of live team missions before September callups.

Otherwise, I'm trying to target future missions before they drop. I was SO CLOSE to getting enough Browns on my collection team before the mission dropped, but I don't feel like paying 15k for Wally Judnich or 5k for Clint Courtney right now.

I haven't done the math, but I'm starting to think that packs may now be the more cost effective play. Any historical cards will net a tidy sum - if not now, then later as more missions drop.

Late Edit: The more I think about it, the more I fear the dev team may need to reevaluate the cost of packs. This inflation may stabilize, but it won't be going away. And considering that there have been indications that every team will eventually have their own historic missions, every card will be vulnerable, with those showing up more often in non-team missions being particularly vulnerable as speculators look for bottlenecks.

Packs are not generous enough, the vast majority of the time you will get 5xiron 1xbronze, all live cards, they should guarantee one silver and one bronze imo, they seem afraid of giving too much value, when the reality is that most people realize these are terrible value and avoid, which also means that the collections which reward packs are also terrible value (you are paying less than 1k for a pack, but the return is still likely to be less than whatever you pay)

Not enough ways to earn packs. apart from a few collections and the one pack every 72 hours there is nothing. It's harsh to say but EA are more generous with giving out freebies than OOTP

All of this means that the market is reliant on people buying packs, which as discussed earlier is not good value for money. Combine this with people earning PP in game and inflation is inevitable which will either lead to people becoming super whales or bored. And as the year wears on they are less likely to become super whales.

Personally I would prefer if we got packs for silver and gold achievements, meaning more cards/less PP around

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote