View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 08:22 PM   #2
SirGreatWhite
Minors (Single A)

Before I post this first update, just wanted to say that I started this last weekend (6/1/19) so I have almost one week of experience and work put in with it...hence why I am approximately 50 games into the season.

So far so... average. Took the Astros 48 games to finally get to .500 (24-24) despite being mostly healthy for most of that stretch of the season. Thankfully the AL West is not very good. Verlander has been awesome. Cole was equally awesome (led league in K/9 for 5 starts) then got hurt and is going to miss 3-4 months. If we make the playoffs, he'll have a chance to be back for the playoffs barring any setbacks from the injury.

McHugh was doing awful to start the year, but Peacock was holding his own...then he got hurt and will miss 2 months. McHugh also missed 2 weeks but in his 3 starts since returning he has been solid. And Wade Miley has been really bad (ERA is 7.00+). So we've been having to patch the rotation lately with all the injuries. Hopefully McHugh stays healthy and in recent form and Peacock comes back close to what he was playing like before the injury. Regarding the 5th starter...might have to make a trade deadline splash for a lefty starter (or above average right hander as a possible #3 / #4 starter.

The bullpen has been average at best. Osuna has been lights out as a closer and Pressly has been equally impressive as a setup man. They are currently leading the All Star voting for relievers. The problem everyone else (Rondon, Harris, Valdez, & James) and anyone else we've put in all have 5-6+ ERA's. Definitely expected better from Rondon. So I made the push to sign Craig Kimbrel and got into a bidding war that ended up costing close to $12 million for 1 year. Hopefully he will settle in and sure up things.

Currently 26-25 and a 1.5 game lead on the Angels for 1st place in the AL West. The Red Sox and Indians have the best records overall at 32-17...we did just sweep the Red Sox @ Fenway during our recent push to get to .500+

I will post the early season trades that have been made in next post...
SirGreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote