View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 01:38 PM   #7
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyTheMarlin View Post
How do the two formats differ, and can I edit my older version with more languages? Would this cause problems? Percentages and things like that I can change too. The problem is there is no apparent in-game way to add namesets.
Answering in order:

1. How do the two formats differ, and can I edit my older version with more languages?
The main difference is that the pre-OOTP19 world_default.xml file had language IDs (lid) and the current file has ethnicity IDs (etid). And now, for each ethnicity listed at the top of the file, there is a facegen breakdown, which is the information that previously was contained in the ethnicities file. Apart from that, I think they're basically the same (there are some improvements every year, but they don't change the way the game handles the file). Moreover, the lid and the etid numbers listed for each country are, I believe, the same - they're just different abbreviations. The only exception is Israel, which now has etid40. The game didn't include that nameset prior to OOTP19.

2. Would this cause problems? Percentages and things like that I can change too.
You should be able to add more ethnicities to your old file, but I don't know if it will work if you still have lid's rather than etid's listed in the file. You may need to change those designations for each country and add the facegen breakdowns at the top of the file.

3. The problem is there is no apparent in-game way to add namesets.
You should be able to add and delete namesets in-game. If you're having problems, it may be due to your outdated world_default.xml file.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote