View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 02:33 AM   #33
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Don't get too discouraged. I really think your issue is the engine is trying to distribute stats for 30 teams into 20, giving you crazy numbers. Adjusting modifiers can affect individual stat totals as well.
dont worry about that.

there's at least one person that does everythign per 100,000ab regardless of league size.

when i opened that spredsheet of mine from attachment, i noticed it was using 100k ab... i tried that one year. i've even tried 1,000,000 thinking itmay give more resolution, but it really doesn't as long as not too small. the game has it's max resolution, no idea how many AB to reach that ceiling and anything above is irrelevant.

it's all proportional and scales. no worries on that. maybe, in extreme contexts it may skew the curve? i.e. make a league with a .001 BA lol... some funky things are bound to happen with distribution due to insane volatility, i'd assume and a drastic reductions in differentiation from elite and poor quality ratings related to hitting a ball (and the pitcher side of that coin too).

Last edited by NoOne; 04-04-2019 at 02:35 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote