View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 01:29 AM   #32
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koohead View Post
To your point about focusing on individuals, that's where I'm conflicted. The top SB guys in the league are right where I want them to be...50's and 60's. That's a good number. But it seems that the number of people on a team that have 20-30 SBs is too high...5 or 6 each. And if I look at the top rated Catchers, their RTO% are in the high teens low 20's. And the weirdest thing is it's not that the numbers fluctuate from year to year. It was 32 years of being way low and then like a light switch went to being way high for both SB/1B and SB% and it's been that way for the last 4 years of the league.
sb attempts are volatile year-to-year... don't knee-jerk react.

i bet ~ +/-15-20% from average (or a range =30-40% average, i.e. HUGE fluctuation possible with stolen base attempts, league wide) from whatever all other things jiving together in your context result in -- with static settings/LTM/LT etc.

sb % success will probably have a 4-5% total range or +/- 2-2.5%

now that's also assuming some baseline near RL... no idea what the range of deviation would be for a ~50% success rate... it could influence dynamic, or it may not... i haven't compared things ike that, i stick to a similar range of baselines each year.

this is also based entirely on experience with a 30t 162g schedule... if less, expect more volatility in 1 year than what i say above. if more TeamsxGames, then expect less valotility in 1 year's results.

if you are lookign at AL and NL totals, that's 1/2 the size of what i am speaking about above... so totally different context and much greater volatility.

you probably wont get everythign you want if you have very specific wants in this aspect relative to distribtion at each talent level possible. so, try to focus on what you care most about. some middling guys or HoF guys? or whatever you wish... dial back expectations if you can't reach them given the tools.

maybe it's what you hate most and want to avoid... all depends.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote