View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 04:13 PM   #2
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakfu View Post
So I think I figured out what the issue in my game is, but I'm not sure there is a work-around.

To summarize... I have a fictional-historical world using historical draft classes, including the minor league DB. The world is based on real life with a couple of changes. 1) The Milwaukee Brewers exist in the American League (I'm currently in 1914). 2) A fictional PCL exists as an Independent League with teams named for real-life PCL teams (LA Angels, SF Seals). I play with automatic evolution off to achieve this (teams moving as they do in real life.)

On November 15th each year when the draft class is generated, the Brewers and a number of the PCL teams have players from the minor league DB sign directly with them rather than entering the draft. This is because in the years I've played thus far the Milwaukee Brewers and a number of PCL teams were real life minor league teams and the players being assigned to them were players who played for them in real life. Such as Beany Jacobsen with the Brewers in 1902.

I came to figure out this only occurs with Major League or Independent teams as this does NOT happen with any of my affiliated minor league teams. I also came to the conclusion that this is by design as a way to properly filter independent and negro league players to their proper teams (assuming one was using real minor league teams). The fact that I'm NOT, further tells me the game achieves this by looking at the team name of entering rookies in the minor DB and if it finds any indy or major teams with a matching name, the players go to that team. I confirmed that this is based on FULL team name as adding, subtracting or otherwise changing any team abbreviations or other identifiers has no effect, BUT changing a team name STOPS the players from being assigned (I changed the Seals name to the Sealss and the players that would have been assigned went to the draft pool instead).

I know, a lot of confusing rambles... lol

Anyways...my question is, is there any work around to have all the players go to the draft pool other than renaming these teams? Would the game recognize if I added a trailing or preceding space to the city or nickname? Or an underscore or period (undesirable, but if necessary) ? Would there be any other sort of work around? It seems you can't edit the database itself and change the team names?

Hope I explained this well. Thanks!
thakfu,

I am going to have to read this six more times and use a chart and graph. What DB are you using? Is it the standard game one or something else? I believe that the game looks at the historical ID when placing players, and the Franchise ID for tracking teams. I change the team abbreviations to eliminate things like ML1, NY3, SF etc. because I like the look of a 3 letter abbreviation. I don't know if this helps you at all. I will re-read your post some more.