Thread: Text to speech
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #26
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

Ha yes I turned the crowd sound off because the recording quality was not too good.

The IVONA system must be slightly different because when I originally installed it many of the names, even some of the straightforward ones, sounded wrong. After removing the tts_pronunciation file there was a marked improvement although, of course, I have subsequently added lots of less common names to my IVONA lexicon.

The other good thing about the lexicon was that I was able to add all the batting averages (e.g. .278) in less than half an hour. I reckon that would have taken much, much longer using the phonetic OOTP TTS file.

At the risk of this sounding like a commercial for IVONA, it's also simple to test out pronunciations. On their home page you have unlimited scope for messing around with whatever words you like in any of their voices.

If anyone wants a copy of my lexicon file, I'd be more than willing to share. I am continually making adjustments as I listen to games but I'm relatively happy with it as it stands.
Quinton_Upchurch is offline   Reply With Quote