View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 01:47 AM   #29
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carplos View Post
Hmm, we can still only have byes in the first round, correct? So no 4vs3, winner plays 2, then winner plays 1?
You can, but you need a league size that will allow that many teams into the playoffs. Assuming you are talking a 2 subleague system that makes 4 rounds for the playoffs so you need the ability to have 8 teams qualify in the game in each subleague (it doesn't matter that they don't qualify), which is OK if you have that many teams and set up a custom playoff setup in the game.

I'm trying to work out the exact mechanism to convince the game to allow playoff schedules that would require more teams than the league has in order to 'fill' the original schedule.

Take for example the following example

Week 1 : 1 v 4 (A), 5 v 8 (B), 6 v 7 (C), 2 v 3 (D)
Week 2 : L[A] v W[B] (E), L[D] v W[C] (F)
Week 3 : W[A] v W[F] (G), W[D] v W[E] (H)
Week 4 : W[G] v W[H]

If that format was used in each subleague in an MLB setup you'd need a 5 round playoff which the game would want 32 teams for (and there aren't enough for that).

I think if I can convince the game to allow enough wildcards to make the full complement without it realising it can't fill it, then playoffs will be able to be lengthened.