View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 01:31 PM   #98
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Here's the ticket anyways, if you felt like seeing it.

MY TICKET DESCRIPTION:
No matter who is pitching or what I do I can't win a "played game". My team is almost a .700 team but as soon as I "play game" my pitchers give up a HR on EVERY pitch. Play Game feature is literally unplayable and totally ruining my playing experience. It is not my decisions or anything. This is not a few games. I have won TWO out of 45 "play games". TWO. Because the computer gets 3-5 HR in the first inning of every game I play. But when I just sim my team plays realistically. My most recent play game they got 3 HR on 3 pitches.

Not sure if it matters but it is an imported game from 19. I never had this problem in 19.

I've posted this in the forums and I am the only person experiencing this."

DEV RESPONSE:
Sorry you're having issues.

To give you some more background though, OOTP uses the exact same engine when you're playing out a game or simming. There's absolutely no difference whatsoever in the code the game uses. So if you're regularly losing games when playing them out, but not when simming it's likely a combination of bad luck and potentially strategic choices that are not working out as intended. The game engine is exactly the same though, in any game mode. There's nothing that would cause different results when playing out a game to when you sim, except the choices that you're making as a manger.

I'd suggest as a test, making a backup of your save and trying having the computer manage your team's strategy in-game and see what results you get that way, and if the ratio of wins to losses for your team changes in that case. That could give you a baseline to measure the results against, and might provide some insight as to what's happening for you in-game and why.

Cheers,

Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is pretty much what I suspected would be the response based on posts in the thread. It's certainly disappointing as nobody plays a game to lose all the time. I don't expect to be 150-12 or anything, but my record is certainly not enjoyable. My team isn't "rebuilding", they made the playoffs, but now I know I can't play my playoff games like I always do, because I'll be 3 and out in the first round, and I'd like my team to compete.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote