View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 10:43 PM   #3
DaBears
Major Leagues

Interesting idea for a thread. I assume we are staying away from the, "Well, I have found it great to have Mike Trout, Max Scherzer and Aaron Judge" on my team comments.

Some off the main list players I have some fun with are (keep in mind, I have done several SFG runs):
--Brandon Crawford: love his defense in 3D
--Mark Melancon & Will Smith: 8th/9th inning killer combo in one of my runs, a disaster in another (OOTP does have randomness to it)
--Johnny Cueto: I know he is mercurial in real life, but he is an entertaining OOTP pitcher with a huge variance; one game he is awesome, then awful, and it's kind of fun to see which one may show up each game
--Jake Diekman: My GM claimed him on waivers and I think lefties batted maybe .050 that season against him. Righties all hit like hall of famers, but it made it really fun because it challenged you as a manager on when to burn him each night.

I of course LOVE Bumgarner and Posey, as they are usually gods in OOTP runs.

Non-SFG I have enjoyed toying around with other teams:
--Nomar Mazara: I was doing a BOS season a couple of years back and the GM traded for him; he simply tore it up
--Mookie Betts: I know I said we would stay away from the stars, but Mookie in my '16 BOS season had an OPS of like 1.100 and stole 40 bases (I was aggressive).

I really want to get Casey Mize in a game as he comes into MLB. He could be dominant.
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote