View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 12:53 PM   #1
oriolesmeep
Minors (Double A)

Goalies Nut Takes Over - A Team of All Goalies

First off, I'm not sure how this will work out, but I figured it was worth a try.

After randomly choosing a team (sorry to all Jets fans out there) I promptly traded away every non goalie player for a goalie.

Items of Note:

1. I took two goalies and maxed them out. Michael Hutchinson and Ondrej Pavelec - congratulations. You are now the two best goalies to ever play professional hockey. This is meant so that we can at least have a minuscule chance on the ice.

2. Both Pavelec and Hutchinson - as well as Juuse Saros - had their contracts modified to $15 million per year for 14 years, as a way to stay over the floor.

3. Injuries are off.

4. Cannot be fired is on (for obvious reasons.)

5. I may not draft a player that is not a goalie, nor may I sign a non-goalie.

6. I will watch all my games and post updates for every one.

7. If and when Hutchinson/Pavelec decline/retire, they will be replaced by a new maxed out goalie.

8. If I have issues with all 23 players listed as goalies, I will change their position listing to the position they play on my lines - but I will continue to refer to them as goalies.

With that said - here goes nothing. Nothing, as in our projected win total.

The Lines:

Name:  Screenshot (4).png
Views: 339
Size:  294.9 KB

I'm not even sure why I bothered listing the shootout spots, as the chances of us reaching a shootout are roughly the chances of pigs flying - and my money would be on the pigs.

I left the tactics at their defaults, considering I highly doubt that they will matter in the grand scheme of things.

The New Winnipeg Jets GM:

Name:  Screenshot (2).png
Views: 317
Size:  16.9 KB

Yeah... I don't think he'll lead them to NHL glory whatsoever. I doubt he'd even lead a team of 5 year olds to glory.

And Finally - the Prospects

Name:  Screenshot (5).png
Views: 312
Size:  262.6 KB

More goalies - because you can never have enough goalies.

I'll check in for our first preseason game.
oriolesmeep is offline   Reply With Quote