View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 10:24 AM   #39
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Happy to see Iona make an appearance in this one!

I've been meaning to say that I have always hoped that my WPK world eventually would include women- even grand-daughters of current players in the league- but haven't yet figured out how to do this in a way that makes me happy, what with the game engine not being set up to accommodate this in terms of pronouns and facegens.

(I'm convinced that of the major North American team sports, save probably soccer/football, Baseball is in the best position to integrate in terms of gender. Even if one grants that there are gender differences in terms of size it seems to me that it has been shown often that more slightly built men can become solid major league baseball players and sometimes even big stars. Maybe the idea of an MLB female player being HR king is still a bit far-fetched, but why a woman who played baseball from a very young age can't develop into a very good contact-hitting, slick-fielding second baseman, for example, is highly questionable to me. I don't see why it couldn't happen. And I'm personally hoping it does. I realize that isn't what you are doing here, but I do appreciate that you are at least shining a little light on the possibility of women professional baseball players playing at a high level of competition. Sorry, stepping down from my soap box now. )
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote