View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #14
Jim Gindin
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
Many good things in the email and thank you for doing it. I think if there was one question that the devout followers of FOF over the years would ask it would very likely be this,will MP be available in the 1st release? I am sure even the OOTP marketing team would not mind you releasing just one little nugget of information, you could ask them but i guess know one knows where they are!!!!! So please if you could let it slip accidentally we'd be very grateful..... go on you know you want to

PS That question is for Jim or maybe one of the OOTP team no one else (many thanks!)
The current answer is the same as when this last came up: it's something we'd like to provide, but it's a piece that doesn't transition well to a multi-platform framework. Most of FOF8 was written using C++ code meeting a multi-platform standard. The multi-player stuff was specific to Windows. So it has to be re-written and perhaps even redesigned. We feel our multi-player core of customers is very important and worth that extra effort; the question is when. No promises. Anything more than that will have to wait until the OOTP pre-release process begins.