View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 12:21 PM   #14
gskweres9
Major Leagues

"Everett!" Rick Huisman shouted through the locker room.

"Yessir?" Travis replied.

"My office."

Travis looked at Miko and shook his hand while Miko wished him luck, then he walked into the managers office.

"Sit down, son," Rick said, taking off his cap and rubbing his balding head. He placed the cap down on his desk, folded his arms, and leaned back in his chair.

"You had an impressive camp. You obviously worked hard over the offseason," Rick said.

"Thank you, sir," Travis replied.

"As things currently stand, you'll be assigned to Rookie Level Bluefield. That's a good opportunity. They actually won the Appalachian League title last year. That being said, this isn't a promise. It is only April, and a lot can change between now and June when short season ball starts. The draft is before then, and once that happens we'll have a clearer picture of where you fit. Until then, keep your head down and keep working hard," Rick said.

"Yessir. I will, thank you," Travis replied.

"You're a good kid and you work hard. That will take you places," Rick said. "But your path to the bigs is going to be a lot harder than most. You're 24-years-old still playing short season, that already puts you behind the eight ball."

Travis shook his head, not really sure what to say.

"Anything else?" Rick asked, leaning forward in his chair.

"No sir, I'm good," Travis said.

Travis stood up, shook Rick's hand, and turned around to walk out the door.

"Oh, one more thing," Rick said. "Do me a favor and tell Miko he's going to Bluefield with you."

Travis smiled from ear to ear. "Yessir."

The two got to continue their journey together.
Attached Images
gskweres9 is offline   Reply With Quote