View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 09:13 AM   #9
MikeMontrealer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
First, our games are different. I point that out because we generate more players and and coaches than OOTP. The issue is how the AI handles the situation.

When we added the feature this year and in early beta tests we (and I) personally ran, we had unlimited adds. The problem became two fold - the AI couldn't handle it because the quality of players dropped and so we had to cap it again.

Hockey is different than baseball, and yet similar. You aren't just adding 28 teams, you're adding 84.That's adding up to 1400 new possible NHL caliber players into the game when I doubt there's more than 200 right now. Other leagues aren't going to mysteriously collapse, and even if they did it doesn't mean that they would bring the same level of talent to the NHL.

Arguably, there isn't 64 quality NHL goalies right now. How does the league react when you add 56 additional jobs? The talent pool also drops substantially as well. There's many factors to consider when adding these unlimited teams.

But what I am happy we did add is the ability to subtract and move teams, so if you wanted to create a North America vs European division, you could have some fun there.
Thanks for the background.

I think coupling this with the ability to change the underlying generation of players and staff would be an answer. Jeff mentioned that there's no current way to modify a country's base attributes for instance; in a long term career I'd like to every so often increase these for some countries which would help ensure a good pipeline of talent even in an expanded league. And I'm sure some would like to keep it at 31/32 and still have fun playing what-if where the global talent level went way up (or way down) and other kind of scenarios like this.
MikeMontrealer is offline   Reply With Quote