Thread: NFL 2019 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 10:29 AM   #7
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
I am a Chiefs fan. I think we had a great draft and acquired good free agents. Super excited about Mahomes. NOT excited about the season. I am snakebit and tired. Will still be the Patriots in the AFC Championship. Even against the Chiefs, the Pats will win. Last year's AFC Championship just took every wind from my gut. I see Kansas City is just insane bonkers and tv personalities are calling the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. Not buying it. The Pats may not go to the Super Bowl, but they will still one up the Chiefs. I may be wrong. But just remember this post when the season is over.
I feel your pain. I became a Jets fan in 2006 under the promise that the Patriots may rule the division, but Tom Brady won't play forever. 12 division wins in 13 seasons later, I'm still waiting to see if that's actually true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I like the Chiefs to finally get Andy Reid over the hump. They did as well as they did w/a porous, but opportunistic defense. I think it will be better this season.

I'm wondering if the Rams & Saints will have a hangover after last season's enders for them. In fact, the whole NFC is one big question mark to me.
The Chiefs will certainly be an interesting case this season. I'm inclined to believe their defense could be worse this year than it was last year, considering they tore down their only productive element (pass rush) by trading Dee Ford and cutting Justin Houston while only getting Frank Clark to replace them (and giving up a ton for Clark; GM Brett Veach has generally shown to struggle with assessing player value at times). Their linebackers still aren't very good (hopefully they get the Darron Lee that picked Stafford twice in week 1 last year and not the Darron Lee that has played poorly for most the rest of his career), and that secondary will once again be picked apart by good QBs. Kendall Fuller is talented but he's a slot corner that they play outside; otherwise they have nothing of note at the position. Tyrann Mathieu should upgrade on the back end for them but hopefully with his injury history he doesn't go Eric Berry on them.

All in all I think the Chiefs defense will be bad enough that Mahomes will put up video game numbers again, but it's just tough to beat a team like the Pats in the playoffs, who never let any unit get as bad as the KC linebackers and corners unless they have a ton of injuries.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote