View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #76
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Class of 2059: None

A three year drought of entrants is the longest period of time in HOF run through (though it is only possible with the mechanisms that are in use for the first time, here).

One player received a FBS who will probably find his way into the HOF, but just not on his first ballot.

One mechanism that came into play for this class was the new First Ballot routine.

One pitcher was selected to join the Hall this year, but Randy Johnson entered in a year that had no entries, so the next time a pitcher was selected, that entry would be "taken" by Johnson. And because of that, there are no entries for this year.

-----------------------------

I am taking the job with the Columbus Prairie Storm. The owner is listed as "unmerciful" in his patience. This should be fun.

The league expanded by 2 teams. I meant to expand the play-offs, but forgot to do so. Heck, since the game was played with 2 eight team leagues for a long time and only one of those went to the WS, I am leaving my no WC play-off format in tact.

---------------------------------

My former team, the Indianapolis Stripes, won the WS.

I had the second pick in the draft I did for them before resigning. Harry Hooper was the guy I wanted, based on current ability by my scout. He was snapped up with the first pick, and won ROY. I grabbed the only SP ready to jump into a rotation in the draft, and with the second pick I took Atley Donald.

Yeah, I thought the same thing.

Well, he wound up leading the team with 15 wins in 2059. And my second pick, Ron Perranoski, saved 14 games and had an ERA below 2.00.

I am taking credit for their WS win. Though it may be true that the biggest favor I did for them was turn over controls to someone else.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote