View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 02:53 AM   #15
Anyone
Major Leagues

I play in commissioner/can't be fired mode so if a goal makes no sense to me I don't worry about it.

But even if I did worry about them, when it comes down to it the owner will overall be happy with you if you win and make money. He won't fire me regardless, but he could give me an overall negative evaluation in his feedback. And that has happened, usually when I've lost money and not won as much as he thinks I ought to and ignored many of his goals.

But my experience is that if the team makes money and makes the playoffs the owner will criticize what isn't met but overall will say you're doing well.

I would like to see them give the owner more advanced logic, like have the owner decide how much he likes each player (and probably have talent evaluation ratings as GMs have set in owners to inform those choices, with some random noise to simulate that most owners know less than a half-reasonable GM) and then if he really likes the 2B he might tell you to re-sign him, and if he doesn't like him he might tell you to upgrade the position, but never both. He should either like the guy you've got and want him exended or want someone better, never both at once.

Last edited by Anyone; 07-26-2019 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Typo
Anyone is offline   Reply With Quote