View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #21
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZG View Post
Hi guys, I decided to do some KHL simming to check how it behaves, like I've done recently with the Elitserien. I haven't proceeded yet, but noticed that several teams (Donbass, Dynamo Moskva, SKA, Lev, Dynamo Minsk, probably others as well) have Ukrainian, Belarussian, Czech or Russian players with English names right from the start, before any simming occurs. Are these placeholders you guys created for unrated players, or is the game generating fake players in these teams to fill rosters? In the latter case, it's a bit silly, Dynamo Moskva has good depth.
It's a problem with placeholder players being generated by the game in certain conditions as the KHL roster rules are not correct yet. Read geckon's post too. There'se nothing we can do now, just wait until we get a fix. I suggest you to wait a couple of builds before having a better look at the KHL.

Quote:
A special note:
- Araya Dze/Dzyo: This name makes absolutely no sense. Not your fault though, no source seems to get it right anywhere. Araya is a Japanese surname. However, "Dze" or "Dzyo" are sounds that just don't exist in that language. "Jo" or "Jō/Jou" would make more sense, in which case the team/league officials got the transliteration wrong. However,
Junior Hockey League - Players : Araya Jo got it right.

I found this: https://twitter.com/joe_hcdinamo66 and ?? ?'s Twitter account (@joe_hcdinamo66) is worth between $14.26 and $23.77 USD | Account-Market.com. It is very, very likely his twitter account (his bio is short but telling). He transliterates his name correctly. I think it's just a nickname, though. His real name would be 新谷 誠. Last character is the given name: most likely Makoto, which is common in Japan. First two are the family name. Several different Japanese family names spell this way according to jisho.org, including Araya. So... his name would be Makoto Araya, but he would go by the nickname "Jo".
Araya Dzyo is just the phonetic transliteration of the name in Russian, this is why he always get written like that. We'll most likely modify his name, although he seems to be off the map right now, he played a bunch of games for Dynamo Moscow's junior team (not the MHL) then he disappeared. Hopefully he'll be back. Thanks for the twitter link, I'll try and contact him to understand his name (even though I am rather sure your attempt is correct)