View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 07:41 AM   #9
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Really? Interesting... I am not sure the 30$ comparison makes sense though, the things you can do with PP are quite limited... either buy packs or use it in the AH. I would always take the 5 packs.

But then again, that 3k should probably be 2k
I think the bigger takeaway I'm hoping people get from my point is that the conversion rate between packs and points is not always 1:1. For some people, it may be, for others, it may be that 3k points are just as good as 5 packs as in the example above, and for others like myself I'd go even lower. I'd gladly take 2k points over 5 packs.

The underlying issue is that 5k points can always be converted into 5 packs, but 5 packs cannot be consistently converted into any set amount of points. We're guaranteed at least 50 (5 irons, 1 bronze, all at quicksell values), and the upper limit is theoretically boundless, limited only by prospective buyers in the AH. But without a set conversion rate from packs to points, every individual will have an acceptable rate of conversion in their mind for value comparisons between the two.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 11-13-2019 at 07:43 AM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote