View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 02:27 PM   #27
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

1928 Week #16

Boston vs. Philadelphia: July 16-17, 1928
Game one was all Philadelphia as they hammered Ernie Henderson for seven earned in six innings of work. A few bright spots for the Minutemen included Dick Copeland’s three hits and Charlie Barry’s two hits and two RBI’s. 10-5 Loss. (50-47)

In the finale of the two-game set Philadelphia benefitted from a masterful performance by SP Red Adwell. Adwell pitched a three hit complete game shutout. It also didn’t help that Boston starter Dick Alexander was not very effective in this one. Boston seems to be trending in the wrong direction. 9-0 Loss. (50-48)

Boston @ Detroit: July 25-27, 1928
After a cold day at the plate the day before Boston was singing a different tune in the first game of their series against Detroit. Homer Krajewski lived up to his first name and blasted his fourth of the season in this one. Charlie Barry had two hits while Jake Duke added a hit and two RBI’s as the Minutemen were able to snap a two-game losing streak. 7-2 Win. (51-48)

Boston ran into a hot pitcher in Ernie Miller as the Dynamos were able to even the series at a game a piece. Jake Duke seemed to be the only Boston hitter that could mount any success against MIller with a 4-4 day. 3-1 Loss. (51-49)

Detroit was able to take the series after winning a good pitchers duel in the final game of the series. A two run homer by Homer Krajewski (his second one this week) was the only tangible offense the Minutemen could offer. Boston is in danger of hitting the .500 mark again for the first time since June 5th. 3-2 Loss. (51-50)

Boston @ New York: July 28-29, 1928
Boston needed a big game both offensively and from the mound. They got that in the first game of their series against the Gothams. Ernie Henderson pitched a three hit complete game shutout and the offense was good for eight runs on ten hits. It was a fantastic way for the Minutemen to start a road series.

SP Dick Alexander followed up Henderson’s complete game dominating victory with one of his own on Sunday afternoon in New York. While not a shutout, Alexander only allowed five hits and two earned runs.

GM’s Desk: July 30th, 1928:
This 12-16 July has essentially sunk our chances at a pennant this year. Going into the season I didn't expect to contend this year anyway but we started off on a pretty god foot and were in the mix for a bit. With the trade deadline hitting us tomorrow I will be looking to make some last minute deals to build for the future. We will see what the contenders deem worthy from our roster and if a deal can be finalized. I fully expect most of the guys on our block to be Minutemen come Wednesday, but you never fully know.
Attached Images

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote