View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #30
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmkidD2 View Post
That did help, but it brought up another question. Why did you guys want the states to each be their own nation? Was this for fictional story purposes, or does it make something in the game function better?
The States as Nations Project was originally created to be used in OOTP11 or older OOTP game versions. Since OOTP12 was released, the game files were changed and that is why we created the "new" version of the States as nations Project.

Several years ago I created the Great Lakes Baseball Association (GLBA) which is a fictional league that started up in 1920 and uses fictional teams and players. The GLBA is designed so I can control one team and I play out all of my games. In order to help keep the league moving along and not get bogged down, I created and use a 42 game schedule. I play with no spring training games and no minor leagues. In order to help my league fit into the 1920's era, all travel is based on train or bus travel only. All games are played in the early afternoon on FRI, SAT, SUN only, during the regular season. Some weekday games will appear once the playoffs begin.

There are two leagues, Great Lakes West (GLW) and the Great Lakes East (GLE). There are 4 divisions in each league. Each division represents a actual US state which actually borders one of the Great Lakes. The four divisions of the GLW are MN, WI, IL and IN. The four divisions of the GLE are MI, OH, PA, and NY.

Each division (state) has eight teams. These 8 teams can only play other teams found in their own division, during the regular season. The only time they can play a non-divisional team is if they make the playoffs. Also, in order for a player to play on a team, they have to be born from that same state. For example, if a ball player was born in the state of NY, that ball player could only be recruited and play for one of the teams that are found in the NY Division. He could not be traded, signed, or recruited, by a "foreign" team.

In order to get this kind of league structure and setup to help control where the ball players came from, the only option I had was to use the States as Nations project which, at that time was only available for OOTP11 or older game versions. Due to some problems I encountered after creating and running my GLBA while using OOTP11, I was forced to move my league up to a new game version and I decided to use OOTP13 however, we had to first create a States as Nations world_default file to use it!

Hope that helps answer your question.

Last edited by Bottom Of The Sixth; 01-26-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote