View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 07:02 PM   #18
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
I don't look at it as an either/or situation to be honest. For some people they may have to make a choice because they could only afford one but we've never tried to "outdo FOF" in designing our game nor are we sitting around thinking "wow lets see how many customers we can steal away from OOTP". We're just making a great football game and year after year making it better and letting our customers know that we're committed to continuing to do that in the future.

Our game focuses on things that FOF has never offered. I think the games are great fun to watch play out in 2D and this year Brooks built a play creator into the game which really gives you a level of depth that no football management game offers in that realm. Plus while FOF will get a nice interface here at OOTP that's something we have always offered and people can see just how far we are pushing that with our DDS:PB videos.

I'm sure Jim and Markus lose exactly zero minutes of sleep a night worrying about anything but what they are doing and frankly Markus has built a fantastic company and Jim is an extremely accomplished developer so you're right - when they announce FOF is ready there will be tons of people lined up just because. That's a luxury we're trying to earn every day.

I'm glad this thread was started though to highlight our game - its really a fantastic game if you give it a chance and not just something that can tide you over until FOF comes out but something that you'll actively look forward to each year. We have some great MP leagues going too for those who like that side of the game (I always enjoyed playing in FPS Football leagues) and the support of more people can only mean good things for both products.
Creating plays is something that FOF8 already offered, so you are wrong in that statement. But definitely 2D play is a step over FOF8.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk