View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 02:35 AM   #14
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Toro50 View Post
This^^^

I can't seem to understand the logic behind the lack of marketing; or at the very least, basic communication on this title.

Granted, this is reflective of the developer and his previous titles. Its imperative in this cycle of consumer; to draw up excitement and curiosity with at least an dev update, or some type of news.

I'm a software engineer by day, and can't imagine not updating my customers with my progress, pitfalls, scope creep, etc... it unfortunately allows consumer expectations to be too high, or too low; leading to a potential letdown, or pass on purchase.

In the past OOTP has responded with updates that say 'No Change' or that there is 'nothing' to report. I have said and can only assume that means 'no progress'. No progress to me says this project is gasping for air and is either dead or treading water. I'd love to know if any resources other than Jim are developing this game. I know OOTP is small but this lack of interest in their marketing, target buyers, etc. sounds like they really don't give a crap.

I was a programmer and then a supervisor of programmers. We had customers waiting for us to produce a project. I can't imagine letting projects drag on and on without any change in status being reported over and over again to our customers. I wouldn't have had my job for very long.

Finally, I'm not expecting a finished project but why the hell can't they provide more regular progress reports?

Their strategy on this, if they even have one, is pretty damned arrogant and shows a real lack of respect for their buying community.