View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 05:44 PM   #51
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drstrangelove View Post
Is anyone complaining that anyone's actual infield hit counts, GIDP counts are wrong either? The question is: Is the only thing that people are saying is that the WAY a player's speed is being described is wrong?

Not the player's triples, stolen bases, infield hits, stolen base percentage, GIDP, putouts (in the field), etc. None of the stats. Is the complaint that it says one thing in a box on a screen, and in spite of the stats matching real life stats, it doesn't say the thing in the way a person thinks it should say it?
Well if the results are affected then either the speed rating is being displayed incorrectly or there is a bug affecting the way speed is supposed to influence those things.

EDIT: After thinking about it a bit more, I suppose one other possibility is that "speed" in OOTP is a rating that actually encapsulates several different kinds of speed ratings that are "under the hood" and if the overall "speed" rating is heavily weighted by the sub component of the "stealing speed" rating then one could presumably have a low rating when it comes to speed overall even though a few "subratings" are fairly high such as the ability to leg out an infield hit because the heavily weighted component of the overall "speed" rating is low. This could result in someone like Mays having a low overall speed rating due to a low stealing speed rating but still having high ratings for legging out triples, infield hits, etc. It would seem strange to me if the speed rating is broken down to that level in the game such that you couldn't use the overall rating as a gauge for how well a player would perform in any of the activities governed by that rating. But its possible. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited by Dyzalot; 07-27-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote