View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 11:44 AM   #27
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
The last time Jim did the research, he came to the conclusion that real player names were ok to use. They've been in FOF without a license for over a decade--since either FOF2K4 or FOF2K7 (versions 5 and 6.) I *think* FOF2K7. For football games, apparently, the license would be important for franchise names/logos, but not for player names. In past versions, it has been easy for someone to just grab the logos from the internet, resize them to FOF's specifications, and post them for everyone to use. As far as franchise nicknames, the game has come with the cities and colors in place, but not the real nicknames. Changing the nicknames has been a one-time process that carries over for any new career started. It's just a matter of typing in 32 nicknames and hitting the tab key 32 times to get them into your game permanently:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntdl68m5i2...27.27.png?dl=0
Ah I know

I'm just wondering if player likeness will come into play or is that just for appearance and specific traits that basically indicate this is the same person? Either way, if facegen is a thing (and I'm going to guess it will be), we don't need them to look the same way. Once again, the community is here.