View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #25
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
I mean, OOTP and FHM both have historical features. Do the NFL still own the rights to older players? I remember the 2K sports game, All-Pro Football 2K8 which had 2K license individual HOF players, though that might be a bit of a hassle.

Either way, license doesn't matter, the community exists and databases can be built on. I just wanna play some football 🏈
The last time Jim did the research, he came to the conclusion that real player names were ok to use. They've been in FOF without a license for over a decade--since either FOF2K4 or FOF2K7 (versions 5 and 6.) I *think* FOF2K7. For football games, apparently, the license would be important for franchise names/logos, but not for player names. In past versions, it has been easy for someone to just grab the logos from the internet, resize them to FOF's specifications, and post them for everyone to use. As far as franchise nicknames, the game has come with the cities and colors in place, but not the real nicknames. Changing the nicknames has been a one-time process that carries over for any new career started. It's just a matter of typing in 32 nicknames and hitting the tab key 32 times to get them into your game permanently:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntdl68m5i2...27.27.png?dl=0