View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 02:37 PM   #7
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
It sounds like the opposing team either tied or took the lead,

Nope. Game was tied going into the top of the 6th. My team took the lead in the bottom of the 6th and held on the rest of the way.

Quote:
EDIT: On the flip side, I didnĀ’t see where you effectively put the new pitcher in the game in the bottom of the sixth. That would have also caused the game to think the reliever is the winning pitcher.

I was playing with the warmup rule on. After he finished the top of the 6th, my pitcher was gassed and I knew I had to pull him for the 7th. My reliever's status was "warming" going into the middle of the 6th and he was "ready" during the bottom of the 6th. I didn't want him to tire while warming in the bullpen, and I didn't want to sit him and until the top of the 7th because I didn't want him to cool off. That's why I made the change in the during the my teams at bat.

Had I not been playing with the warmup rule, I would have made the pitching change in the top of the 7th.

So, yes, I think what happened was I "confused" the game by inserting the new pitcher during the bottom of the 6th, and that's why he got credit for the win.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote