View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 11:30 PM   #92
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Something doesn't feel right about being 3-52 (.058 WP% for those who need to visualize just how ridiculous this is). I'm pretty sure that's statistically impossible unless everyone on the team just stands there and doesn't even try to make outs. It's like 30% worse than the Cleveland Spiders (just guessing here as I don't have the info in front of me), and nobody has even come close to being that bad in almost 120 years.

Plus, would you feel satisfied with a .058 winning percentage when they play .700 ball when you're not playing? I'm not as angry because I'm used to it now, but I still want to give up on the game because as I've said, in 10+years of playing this I've never even come close something like this before. And from the look of this thread, NOBODY has.
I looked back at my 44 win streak season in v18 and at one point I was 49-2, 49-3 when the streak ended. Couldn't I say the same as you in the bold part other than records being reversed?

A link the thread I posted at the time.. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=282806
I was +10 PYT for the year that ended with a MLB record 118 wins. Which has me wondering what is your PYT?

I can't rid myself of the idea that my season is as unlikely as yours and counters everything that happened in your season. You want to see ridiculous? How about a .961 win pct that fell off to .942 with a loss

A google search tells me the longest win streak in MLB history belongs to the Giants at 26 and I had 44! Is that statistically impossible? I don't know. I do know my streak is a one time thing, at least up to this point.

In real life the 1961 Phillies lost 23 in a row and at one stretch went 1-28, .035 pct.
Sounds impossible but there it is in real life.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote