View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 06:31 PM   #18
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I think this should be changed. I think any international players generated by the game should be scouted through international scouting. It doesn't make any sense to have money allocated to Major Leagues or amateurs count toward international players.
Scouting is confusing but I will try to share my knowledge.

1. Major League Scouting

If a player has 1 day of professional service time they count as a Major Leaguer but only if they are from your leagues Nation. Meaning a professional Korean ballplayer who say isn't born in a MLB home nation does not count as a Major League scouting but as International Scouting. Unless he is a free agent. Any free agents with 1 day of pro service count as Major Leaguers. Doesn't matter about nations or minor leagues.

2. Minor league Scouting

Is for all milb players in your nation that aren't free agents.

3. International Scouting

For all players who are on international rosters and aren't free agents with 1+ days of pro service time. If they become free agents with Zero pro time they count as Minor League Scouting. This can happen with international cut draft picks. They instantly become free agents but have Zero pro time served.

4. Amateur Scouting

This is for all players who aren't free agents that have zero service time. Regardless of nationality. So it covers the draft, random amateur international free agents and scouting discoveries.

So in essence the only time International Scouting comes into play is if league post players or if international leagues have purchasable players or if inter league trading is turned on.

Other then that in a normal MLB setup you can't get any International Players that are on Int rosters. Can't trade with them, can't purchase them by default except Australia and Asian Indy Leagues. And the AI very rarely posts you are lucky if 2 players post every 5 years.

Now if you turn on purchasable players from all of the Int lesser leagues we still are only talking about 1-2 max type players. So its pretty meaningless. Except if you want to build a dominate DSL team.

And unless you turn on inter league trading then you will almost never use "International Scouting".

Because free agents either count as Major League or Minor League. And for the most case it will be Major League unless its cut draft picks or something weird like that. Korea has a lot of military time so those players serve 1-2 years in military and have Zero pro time but can get cut become free agents so they count as Minor League Scouting.

See some people think Major League Scouting isn't as important because after 3-5 years in MLB even OTA has an accurate scouting report.

But any player who becomes a free agent and has 1 day of pro service time not major league service time count as free agents. No matter what nation they play in.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote