View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 08:16 AM   #30
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

In what was once our living room. My bookcase lined with a run of SI/Spalding/Reach stats books from the 20's up to the 2010 season is behind me, just out of arms reach. My 40 gallon fishtanks full of yellow cichlids sits to my right. There's a southward facing window in between the fish and I, and a westward facing one just around the corner. I have a rolling cart with my printers, scanner, and external drives next to the desk. My chess set is frequently out as well—the pieces are from a Boris Vallejo set and the board was handmade in Asia...it's a stunner (and my wife is a gift from Heaven, she got it for me on her last trip home to Kazakhstan). My aging old friend often lies at my feet while I play. My Red Wings wall hanging is up above the desk, and my Asheville Tourists wall hanging is above the fish tank. The rest of the walls are covered by family photos and Apple II artifacts. There are two other bookcases, one for sports books and general reading; the other is for cookbooks and Apple II documentation. Sorry to be so long winded.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote