View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 09:17 AM   #60
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
This is from a post I made on another board and also in the first impression thread.

Quote:
For years many have said don't add bells and whistles just fix AI holes, roster management, etc. and the masses will beat a path to your door. It looks like they've tried that and are met with "I'm disappointed with the feature list". Go figure.
This isn't posted to directly counter the OP, he did make many valid points. However, each of his valid points, if fixed, would come at a cost in programming time. IE which AI fixes that did get in would you or he want left out to fix his issues? Do people here really think these AI changes were just tiny tweaks and easy to do?

How is it different than any year? That is, my pet peeve\issue didn't get in. I'm disappointed. I give the OP a lot of credit as he didn't whine and say "I'll never buy OOTP again it sucks". Instead he noted he still loved the game. Well written critique from his perspective.

What tires me is the "lets blame PT". How many ways do they have to say it is a separate coding team that doesn't impact vXX? Markus has said he does very little coding but instead supervises the whole of OOTP Dev. Is there a reason we shouldn't believe him? Maybe it's because I've been here for 17 years that I trust what he says until he gives me reason not too.

As for me, every year I am slightly disappointed that something I want didn't get in the game. Those go in the suggestion forum for next year, I explore the new game and enjoy finding the little unmentioned things that got in, and am happy for those that got their pet feature included though it
has no impact on how I play.

Same thing, different year.