View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 09:51 PM   #43
Craig Scarborough
All Star Reserve

I love OOTP, and I think I've bought every version since the beginning. I have not purchased OOTP 20.

Personally, the only thing that piques my interest about this year's version are the spray charts and new "baserunning statistics", though I am unsure what they are at this point. 3D doesn't interest me, Perfect Team doesn't interest me, nor does playing with today's rosters (and therefore the Live updates). I'm more of a fictional league player.

While people speak of "under the cover" changes, I have to say I don't like the obtuse nature of some of the feature updates. Every year (heck, every patch) will state something like, "Fixed Lineup AI" or this year's "Improved historical league player ratings and simulation accuracy." What does that mean!? Paradox Interactive is famous for their release notes, stipulating the exact changes. I'd have a lot more confidence in the final product if the issues that were addressed were mentioned rather than a nebulous update that includes the buzzwords of "improved" and "fixed".

I think it's healthy for a forum or product to allow informed and healthy discourse, which is what I consider this thread to be. I think Markus and team do an outstanding job and I will continue to support their efforts. If there's a certain segment of the OOTP population who doesn't feel the need to upgrade immediately, so be it. I've often thought that OOTP is approaching the end-game of text sports simulations. It's a little bittersweet for me, but this might be the first year I don't upgrade.