View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 07:51 PM   #37
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by losbravos View Post
For the last time, because I feel like I'm just repeating myself over and over. I have 0 issues with the potential ratings of Soto vs. Acuna.

By starting Soto's opening day CURRENT RATINGS at his ZiPS projectons, he DEVELOPS into this by the end of the season:

Someone who should be producing stats that exceed his ZiPS projections. So they take a bullish projection of Soto, set that as his baseline, and let him develop into someone who should produce at a god like clip.

But I'm being attacked for thinking there's something wrong with that.
What am i looking at in this pic? I dont know what Soto's default ratings are on day 1 of a save, so idk how much hes grown in the season if thats what the issue is. If your issue is the projected statline, that does not really mean anything. I've noticed through the years that that projected statline is really inflated and is not representative of what a players season will end up as. It's not something that should be taken too seriously because it assumes a player is playing all 162 games in a neutral MLB environment, which is not the case in reality. Of course he would exceed ZiPS projections in this environment, every player probably would. The only time I think one should even consider the projected statline is if it's really low.

Last edited by wallewalls; 03-18-2019 at 07:54 PM.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote