View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 05:07 PM   #29
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Why are you bringing logic and fact-driven analysis to this discussion??

It should be just anarchy and emotion-based.

DUDE JOE SCHMOE is rated too low - my uncle knows his hitting coach and he’s a beast. And he hits better on Tuesdays after a Big Mac and Fries. Why can’t OOTP rate him that way???!!!!!!!!??????

Simple tip for everyone - go to Fangraphs website, go to Zips projections. That will answer majority of any questions one may have on rated too high/too low. I’m sure there are some adjustments here and there beyond that, and if someone looks drastically over/under rated AFTER reviewing both Zips projections and ratings in game, it’s fair to bring up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
Soto is projected at a 154 wRC+ on ZiPS and Acuna a 127. Looking at the other projections, they all seem to be in agreement with ZiPS about Acuna, with Steamer, The Bat, ATC projecting him for a 123, 123, 129 wRC+ respectively. Whereas ZiPS appears to be higher on Soto than the other projection systems, the others all have him above a 140 wRC+. I don't think your gripe here is with OOTP, as using an aggregate projection, Soto is projected second in MLB with a .935 OPS, behind only Trout. I'm not saying the projections are right, but I will tend to go with the projections over angry fans. To make you feel better consider that while Soto is not very good defensively, Acuna does make up for it everywhere else with what he does in the field and on the bases, which is why they're both projected in the 4-5 win range, or in other words, both projected to be all-star caliber players.
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote