View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 05:53 PM   #79
Postman
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumgardt1 View Post
Actually as far as the football part of the game is concerned, there really isn't a huge difference between the NCAA and the NFL, nowhere near the NFL vs CFL difference. Wolverine has proven that with their games. The biggest differences are:

-Kickoff and PAT distance
-Clock stoppage on every first down for moving of chains resulting in more plays in a game.
-Players called down when knee touches ground without being touched by a defensive player in college game (not sure if this makes a big difference in a sim game like this though).
-Hash marks closer to the sidelines in the college game (shouldn't really make a difference in this game).
-Overtime format.

I believe though that most users will not mind at all if the exact same game engine that's used in the pro game is also used for the college game. The biggest challenge from a programming perspective I would think would be the season format (rankings and postseason), league structure, scheduling, and recruiting and transfers rather than a draft and free agency.
Recruiting is the big one. It's unique to American college sports.

I'd also say the games themselves are really different even if the rules are almost identical. For instance, you see teams erase 20 plus point deficits all the time in college. It happens in the NFL, but it's always news when it does.

Sent from my LG-LK460 using Tapatalk