View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 07:54 PM   #60
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
At the minute you have to ‘pull’ information from FOF, there’s almost zero infrmation about the league that is ’pushed’ to the player in the form of news stories, stat updates, records broken, etc.

Hell, if you have ‘hide results’ checked so that you can watch Solevision without knowing the score, you even have to search to find out who won the SuperBowl, the game doesn’t tell you! The info is all/mostly there, but you have to find it yourself.

For me it leaves me running a team but in an incomplete world. I would prefer the game to ‘push’ info at me, such as a weekely newsletter or website that has a weekly summary of the last round of games, notable performances, key injuries, historical records being broken, streaks, etc.

Much as in the real world NFL site you can dive into the box scores if you like, but NFL.com has news stories and headlines that bring the NFL alive to the reader.

And they tell you who won the SuperBowl

So the push/pull debate is whether detail is provided/ you have to delve into the game to find it, respectively.
Thanks, I've never played FOF so I don't know anything about how the game operates outside of a few screenshots I've looked at... but who wouldn't prefer "push" in this case, though? Cause I'm with you, I prefer the game to push that info to me.

That's one thing (of many) I don't like about Madden. They bury all the news, stats, schedules, and all other league activity in the back. Plus, the "news" is so basic it still doesn't do a good enough job of immersing you in your league.

With respect to the ones who prefer pull to push, I just don't see why anyone would here.