View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 07:45 AM   #19
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
If you're in career mode, you can change the players names, height, weight, age, salary, experience, college, and jersey number, but not the ratings. If you're in sandbox mode, you can change everything, including the ratings. It's like being in commish mode in OOTP. And in sandbox mode, you can take control of as many teams as you want. And there are many options for setting up the game, from having the normal 32 team league, to over 40 other choices. And currently, you can go back to 1970.

Currently, I'm just into my second season. The draft was a lot of fun, and you can put as much, or as little time into it as you want. I only sim my games, and the injury piece seems pretty close to real life. I have a spreadsheet set up to track my draft picks over the years, and see how they do. The trade piece isn't bad, and I've found it not all that easy to take advantage of the AI. I did see on the forums, for guys who play out their games, there is no two minute warning, but not sure if that will get added in the next patch. After your game, you can go in and watch the play by play, or just view it(Get a typed breakdown of each play).

I go back and forth between sports with my sim games, and I'm taking a small break from OOTP baseball, so this is a decent change. If you expect it to be like OOTP, then you'll probably be disappointed, but for me, a guy who just can't go back to FOF (and I played the heck out of that game years ago), this is a nice change. And I'm Ok with spending the $34.99, as over the years, besides OOTP, I have supported Gary and the team at Wolverine Studios.

Last edited by progen; 10-02-2017 at 07:54 AM.