Thread: Hey Michael...
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 09:20 AM   #15
Enforcer
Minors (Double A)

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Winter View Post
I had to change the engine concept a bit so times have been quite busy. The old concept turned out to have some serious drawbacks given our somewhat limited resources. One of the major issues was that an approach that includes people moving around on a physical field produces horrendous amounts of data. While this may be acceptable for soccer, it has some serious implications for football since we need to analyze data after every play in order to draw conclusion for the next play. This also comes into play when the AI wants to gameplan for an upcoming game. In this case multiple games may have to be analyzed. Therefore I had to come up with a new concept that strongly focuses on matchups. This new approach will not sacrifice depth since still all players on the field matter and they all will be engaged in head-to-head battles. The only compromise is that there won't be any visual representation with players moving around for the foreseeable future. Still, the user will get detailed feedback on how well each player did on every single play so things should be alright. Apart from that, not much news right now. This will be pretty much the case until the engine is all finished which should be the case in a few months. After that, there should be much more to report since all the other features should take less time to implement.
Now I am not a programmer but what baffles me to no end is why player representations on the field are so hard when FBPRO did it 18 to 20 years ago! and XOR football did it 28 to 30 years ago! Heck just give us X's and O's moving around my goodness!

OR better yet just take FBPro 98 and create a better updated version with online multiplayer! I cannot believe it has been so long and no one understands that a remake of that game would be GREAT!
(AND DO NOT SUGGEST THE FB PRO SELLING ON STEAM.. BECAUSE THAT IS NOT THE SAME GAME IN ANY WAY!)