View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 10:08 PM   #43
BradC
All Star Starter

Thank you, Mike. A stroke is very, very serious. Francis has a long road toward recovery ahead of him. When someone says "one guy being out shutting down a company's entire game development is something I do not understand," they don't seem to understand how tiny our company is.

*One person* has been doing the programming on this game. That's it. If we were EA, we'd have a whole team working on it, and one person having a stroke wouldn't halt work on the game.

But we're not EA, so we have to make do with what we have, and that's why we're looking into bringing in a second programmer.

And, honestly, I don't even know where "No one will be able to do it like him" comes from. Yes, Francis is an excellent programmer, and he has done great work on the game so far, but I'm sure we can find someone who can perform at a similar level. No one outside the company has even seen much of what the game will look like (the old blog posts don't count), so I don't know where that comes from.

All I can say is, please bear with us. In the end, Francis's health and well-being is more important than anything else. He's a great guy who I enjoyed spending time with in Hamburg last June, and I look forward to seeing him again sometime.

Thanks.