View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 04:46 PM   #50
ironmarc
Bat Boy

Hello thanks for the initiative of creating this game, I think a lot of people out there are looking for a football sim and although I'm a fan of baseball, I'm a much bigger fan of football.

Now, I have a question about training, in OOTP you just hire a staff to train specific areas of your team and they go there and do their job, so you have no influence besides hiring or firing your coaches.

Is it going to work in the same way for BTS, or can you give your team or specific players general directions?
For example, Adrian Peterson was asked to bulk up at one point of his career, because he is a tall RB and he could lose a bit of speed to bulk up.
Some coaches and teams, like the Baltimore Ravens for example, highly value size and power over agility, stamina and speed, while guys like Andy Reid, Bill Belicheck and Chip Kelly, want speed, skill, agility and resistance from their players instead of pure strength and size.

Will we have some kind of influence in this besides signing and drafting players that fit a particular philosophy?

Sorry if this has been asked already, didn't read the whole thread, if it has, just say it and I'll look it up.

Another question is, we will have college football along with the NFL and if not, how the scouting for prospects will work? You know, because every football fan is a bit of a scout for his team lol... We are always on the look out for promising players and sometimes watch college football just to see a particular prospect in action, because he might end up playing for his team. How will that work in your sim?

Not to mention that I love college football too and it would be a blast to start up as a college HC and end up in a NFL team. Maybe a division III college HC and go up step by step?

Last edited by ironmarc; 10-07-2014 at 04:47 PM.