View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 10:39 AM   #19
nxsnexus
Bat Boy

Hello!

I did my best in following your advice by putting each player first and using it how it's advised in the scouting screen. I also did a lot of tweaking in each unit's tactic and then setup a global tactic. Before that I lost 7-2 against the Sharks (They got 45 shots while I only got 21). My players GR was quite low, lower that I would expect from such players. After the new setup following you advice, I lost 5-2 against the Sharks but the interesting thing is that they had 29 shots while I got 35. If I try to interpret this results, I would say that I had overall better tactics offering more shots on goal and better defense but that the players were missing something. And I don't know what they're missing. During this second match, I also had a whole lot of PIM: 10 for my team (8 for the Sharks) while I had 6 in the first game (they got 4).

I chose to didn't setup tactics with a "stay in your lane" approach as Alessandro suggested for beginner but trying to use one of the best roles they could get while trying to keep a balanced set of roles per line. For instance, in my first line there is (from left to right, Forwards first) Marchessault as Perimeter shooter, Karlsson as Counterattacking forward, Stone as Backchecking Forward, Theodore as Mobile Defenseman and McNabb as Crease-Clearing Defenseman.

I still have very blurry points on how it works though. Like what's happening for unit tactics when all you players have individual setup and what happens to global tactics when all units have their own set of tactics. And I still don't know how to make my forwards shoot somewhere specifics on goal nor do I know how to scout my next oponent's team or goalie before the match (as Adam told me to).
nxsnexus is offline   Reply With Quote