View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 12:37 PM   #12
skunt3m
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
I have to kick in with my experience.
I never change global tactics. I set it once but I don't mess with them. I intensively work with my units' tactics. I found it makes an enormous difference. You said that it shouldn't be changed too much, but in my experience it's different. I actually change them quite often, accordingly to my opposition also often. When I see that things don't work, I change to more simple tactics. I found that playing against better teams, usually playing the stay in your lanes types of tactics does help a lot. As well as the "sagging the zone" setting, I find that it helps when you don't exactly know what to do (I guess it mymics IRL quite well as I intend this setting as "when in doubt, try to occupy more space as possible, hit when you can, and try to get your opposition off the slot").
I also try to go and change single-player settings. As you said, tempo, passing, and shooting are very important.
I understand that at first it's not easy to do something when you start losing games one after another, but YOU ARE LOSING GAMES, this means that keep on getting your team playing this way is wrong.

I can echo this. I've had the most success having my teams play very defensively with the simplest tactics.

I'm curious how you play with the tempo settings. The game seems to suggest low tempo for slower guys who are bad puckhandlers and high tempo for guys that are more skilled. I've been setting it that way and leaving it. Any thoughts?
skunt3m is offline   Reply With Quote